Remember in the last blog I said the new to us motorhome had no generator. Some functions of a motorhome won’t work without power of some sort–connected to an electricity source or a generator. When traveling it’s sometimes necessary to have air conditioning–going down the road you obviously can’t be plugged into a electric receptacle. So, you run the generator and the coach air conditioners keeping comfortable while driving. The dash air in a motorhome is just about useless due to the size of these beasts so it’s nice to have that “house” air conditioner going too. Most motorhomes no longer have propane ovens and instead rely on microwave/convection ovens which require lots of power. We boondock a lot and if I want to use the convection oven it requires the generator.
Generators large enough to power one of these coaches are expensive as in over $10,000!! Ouch!! Craigslist to the rescue again. We located a newer, used Onan generator–unfortunately it was located in Spokane–didn’t we just go to Spokane??? On Thursday the Cowboy found another used generator in Billings and we drove down and picked up this generator. Nope–too good to be true–the Cowboy couldn’t make that one run.
The Cowboy’s truck is having issues which he hasn’t solved as of yet. Lonn loaned us his fancy Dodge Longhorn pickup so we could make the trip to Spokane–again. We left early Saturday morning and were back home by late afternoon on Sunday. That’s almost 1000 miles round trip!! We didn’t want to impose on our friend Mary so soon again so we found a very nice Residence Inn, ordered delivery pizza for dinner and called it an early night. Did you know most Residence Inns allow pets??
Today we’ve both been busy–the Cowboy has been trying various systems in the motorhome–so far we have two leaky toilets, a leaking hot water faucet in the bathroom and an AquaHot system which won’t heat. We are both hoping the new generator will work seamlessly without issue???? The refrigerator works which is a relief–it’s a big one and would be expensive to replace!
I finished Jeane’s quilt, did countless loads of laundry and made lunch/dinner. Labor Day has been a day of labor for us.
Notice the jet vapor trail as the sun is going down.
We learned yesterday our local USFS officials in their infinite wisdom are going to conduct a prescribed burn very near our home. Guess they haven’t been reading the news or weather reports–who in their right mind would start a fire–Montana is dry, dry and there are various fires burning all over the state. But I guess the USFS doesn’t think we’ve all breathed enough smokey air this season??? 😦