More snow Saturday morning and another cold/damp day. I sure hope we have some Indian summer and don’t go straight into winter!
Taken early this morning.
Taken late Saturday afternoon.
That chili was fabulous! In fact it was so good I’m going to toss all my other chili recipes! The recipe is from this cookbook–A Few Of My Favorite Things. The author, Steve Bennett is a friend of Judy from the Patchwork Times. Seriously, it was delicious. I don’t like chili so spicy hot I can’t taste the ingredients and I don’t particularly care for cumin–sorry Judy! 🙂 This recipe doesn’t have cumin as do most chili recipes and it has a secret ingredient–a chocolate bar.
Saturday afternoon I headed over the hill to Lonn’s for Katie’s baby shower. The invitation stated all were welcome but I could not convince the Cowboy to go to a baby shower!! That was a girl thing!! Well, I knew he was mistaken–it was more of a friend/family/neighborhood gathering plus baby shower!
For the party I took a salad with poppy seed dressing, cranberries and these pecans which I can eat by the bucket full–the recipe is from a Southern Living magazine a long time ago.
Spiced Pecans from Southern Living
- 1 egg white
- 4 cups pecan halves (about 1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk egg white in a large bowl until foamy. Add pecans, and stir until evenly coated with egg white.
- Stir together sugar and next 4 ingredients until blended; sprinkle sugar mixture evenly over pecans; stir gently until pecans are evenly coated. Spread pecans in a single layer in a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18 to 20 minutes or until pecans are toasted and dry, stirring once after 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool 30 minutes or until completely cool.
Note: Store pecans in a zip-top plastic freezer bag at room temperature up to 3 days, or freeze up to 3 weeks.
Brooks and his Mom Katie who is anxious to have this next baby, soon! Someone at Lonn’s took the next two photos and I borrowed them from Facebook. They got a LOT more snow than we did which isn’t unusual.
Love that face!